Monday, July 17, 2006

Writing again

I've been rather lax writing lately. Part of it is summer, part of it eating habits I am not proud of. I read a wonderful piece today that was very timely for me. It was about giving up ultimatums with food. If you say you can never have acertain food again, then of course you want to binge on it.

I have made pretty good strides on being active. I haven't been working out but I have been active. We've been swimming a lot and I make it a point to really play with the kids and not sit like a bump on a log all day.

I am back on the moderation approach. I binged for a while the last two weeks. We had a July 4 party and it rained. We had tons of leftovers and Charlie took some days off. So even when I wasn't eating hot dogs and hamburgers, I wanted to go out because I was on vacation mode. I noticed that all of us were getting cranky. Jessie's and my allergies were getting worse, too. I was having heartburn most nights and then started getting it during the day also. Charlie noticed the scale going in the wrong direction even though he was exercising every day. Luckily it only took a week or so before I realized we needed to stop our spiral.

I've found that it really works for me to have food I like on hand that is healthy instead of the food I think I should be eating. Even when I am not eating well, I still juice in the mornings. I don't really want any food until later. I think the trick is to eat a snack before lunch and then I can control what I eat. So here is what I've planned this week. It's not all raw, it's not perfect, but I think it's balanced and I can stick to it.

Breakfast - juice and/or fruit
Lunch - salads - tomato, basil, and mozzarella; spinach with feta; spinach with tuna; broccoli slaw
Snacks - craisins and nuts, tortilla chips with peach salsa, cheddar with crackers, angel food cake with berries and cool whip
Dinner - grilled veggie sandwich, roasted chicken with salad, turkey, apple, cheddar and chutney sandwiches, and a lite seafood newburg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home