Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Weight = Mood?

It is so sad how much my weight and my mood are linked. I am sure some of it has to do with whether I feel capable or not, wheter I am exercising, and what the fuel I put into my body does to my spirit, but a lot of it is directly linked to my weight. Even though I didn't gain weight during the holidays, the lady that did the food addiction counseling with me said I should have lost about 10 pounds by now. She says that the holidays shouldn't have been a factor. I disagree. I didn't overeat and showed a lot of restraint, but I also ate out more often and ate different foods than I normally do. Normally I eat something small like a smoothie in the morning, raw food or a salad or soup for lunch and then a normal dinner. During the holidays, I was eating three full meals a day! I have been sort of depressed the last few weeks. By the end of last week, I was back to eating normal. Yesterday and today I did some dancing around to music and I bit of toning on the ball and all of a sudden my mood has changed. Of course, I did get on the scale and saw a slight weight decrease too. So maybe it is not as mood driven as I thought. Maybe it is all about the movement and fuel I put into my body.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home