Thursday, November 16, 2006

Who's emotions am I eating for?

After a few conversations today (with Dina and my counselor), I realized that my emotional eating isn't always due to my own emotions. Sometimes it is being bombarded by other people's emotions but more often it is the emotions of the child I once was. I didn't have the greatest childhood and didn't receive a lot of support and instruction in how to deal with emotional problems. When my children are having a hard time, I teach them how to deal with the problem at hand. In my childhood, I was treated with ridicule. Maybe if I can recognize the feelings and that they don't belong to me anymore (because I have a lot of support), I can ease some of this emotional eating response.

I am having my first phone coaching session on trying to break the food addiction cycle. I will try to blog how it went later. I received the book and like it because it deals a lot with making it a choice to change not a "have to".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home