Sunday, December 10, 2006

Doing well

The program I am using for food addiction is going well. I am in the navigating the aftershocks phase. Apparently what happens is that when you are doing well, you start questioning yourself. It is your addiction trying to get you question your success and throw you back into the diet mentality. It differs from the initial addictive reaction because in the beginning, your addiction is trying to get you to eat. When you are navigating the aftershocks, your addiction is trying to get you to not eat and to diet so you will feel deprived and cave eventually. It is interesting because again, I didn't realize how strong these feelings were going to be. I basically have moved from thinking about food all the time and wanting to eat to wondering if I am doing this right and am I eating little enough to lose weight. Apparently it is all part of the process. Hopefully that means progess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home