Friday, January 05, 2007

Happy New Year!

Well, I actually made it through the holidays without gaining weight. I didn't lose any, but I didn't gain either. I think that is pretty good considering all the eating out we did and all the cookies that were in the house. I really wasn't too tempted by the cookies (most of the time). I started getting closer to losing my control when everyone left. At that point, eating out was becoming a habit. I was having a harder time deciding when to finish my food and not over eat. I am back on track now. One thing I am trying to work with is food choices. I have done very well with eliminating cravings and not over eating. Now I need to extend this to appropriate foods at appropriate times. It all comes down to seeing food as fuel, having enough healthy fuel available, listening to what my body needs at that exact time, and not thinking ahead about food. It gets so hard because there is such a fine line between making sure you have enough healthy food as fuel around but not getting into "diet" planning like what you should eat when. It is an important distinction. Making that distinction and moving my body more are at the top of my list right now. My resolution this year is to listen to my body and give it what it needs when it needs it whether it be fuel, exercise, meditation, rest, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home