Friday, November 17, 2006

Coaching Session

I had a really good coaching session last night about getting rid of this food addiction. She said something that really hit home for me. She said that people with a normal relationship with food are hungry first and then look for food. People with an obsessive relationship with food think about food all the time and then create hunger so they can eat. Another thing we talked about is how all diet plans work on helping you change the behavior with the expectation that the mind will automatically change. Obviously this hasn't worked for me and for countless others. Mari's approach is to change the thinking first and then the behavior will change. She claims that she can help me to re-train my brain so that I am not thinking about food all the time and will be able to take it or leave it. I am cautiously hopeful. It was a good session and we will see where it goes from here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home