Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Great distinction

I came across a great distinction today. Do I want to be healthier or do I want an excuse to not be healthy? A few weeks ago, I was feeling a bit overwhelmed and depressed. I was thinking how it would be desirable to be a little sick and HAVE to take a break from life. A few days later I hurt my ribs and ended up taking pain medicine for a few days. For the past few weeks, if I exercise, my ribs hurt for a couple of days. Here is my built in excuse to not exercise. I even got a few days of being out of it and not dealing with my life. I realize now that that was given to me as a contrast choice. This is not what I want. I don't want an excuse to not be healthy no matter how valid it is. I want to be healthy and I want to keep the desire to be healthy. I think that is what sometimes holds me back. I lose the desire to do the work. Somewhere along the way, the work needs to be pleasurable. That is what I am seeking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home