Thursday, January 25, 2007

Raw perspective

Ritamarie asked me if I would participate in a 30 days to raw program that a women in England (Karen Knowler) is doing. I told her that I would love to. I was very honest when I signed up for the program and told the Karen that I have no desire to be 100% raw. I also was a bit nervous about if this would send me back into a food obsession.

The program starts on Monday and we had a pre-program call this afternoon. I went into the call feeling a bit disgruntled about making diet changes again. I was also unsure about how interesting it would be to be on a conference call for an hour. I was pleasantly surprised by what I got out of the phone call. I have renewed enthusiasm for taking this on. During the phone call, Karen mentioned that we all have different goals for what we are going to get out of the program. It is a lot easier for me to hear that I am trying to meet my own goals and not someone else's. I think that maybe I thought the goal was for all of us to be 100% raw eventually. She also talked about some of the homework and how we may all have a different area that we need help (spiritual, physical, mental, emotional).

I really like the idea of coming out of this with my goals met even if they aren't to become 100% raw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home