Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Tiny steps forward

I had two small successes this week. First, I have started realizing that I am hungrier when I eat junk food. I always knew intellectually that that should happen but it never happenend to me. The last two times I ate not so healthy items, I was still hungry afterward although I had just consumed a lot of calories.

The other success is that last night, after spending 2 hours working on a raw lasagna, Charlie asked me if I wanted a bowl of ice cream and I said no. It was chocolate chip mint which is my favorite but I am trying to avoid chocolate. I just didn't really want it and figured I should save the splurge for when I really WANT it. I sat there and watched him eat it and tried to decide if I wanted a different snack and then figured I might as well not eat anything.

I was talking to Ritamarie about not seeing weight loss even though I have made pretty big changes and she reminded me that I did see success when I gave up the carbs last summer. I think I am going to try to give them up again and not worry about the cheese for now. I really don't eat huge amounts of dairy as it is. Hopefully this will make the difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home