Monday, August 14, 2006

First day of the rest of your life

That's what my neighbor said to me when I ran into him at the gym this morning. Yes, I started exercising again today. I have a friend who works at a gym and is going to design a workout for me. She hasn't had time to do it yet so I am using a total body workout from Shape magazine. Today was an "easy" cardio day. I did ten minutes on the elliptical, ten on bike, and ten doing hills on the treadmill. Tomorrow I do weights. Charlie commented on the lovely shade of red my face was today. I wonder what color I will achieve with the moderate or intense cardio days?

I have been steadily avoiding the scale lately. Of course, I was trying to see if there were any good free customized workouts on the internet, and they asked for my weight. Note to self: don't get on the scale fully clothed right after a party where you ate and drank. I was horrified! I ended up having to get on the scale this morning too so I could prove that even though it was bad, it was better than last night. I am at my heaviest weight again. I am trying not too panic and to focus on making changes instead. Panicking won't help. It will only depress me.

I did okay with my vitamins and water last week. Not stellar, but okay. This week I will continue to work on that and add in the exercise. Next week will be diet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home