Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Tuesday, May 16

I still felt a little nauseous this morning so I decided to do a Vitamin C flush. It makes my stomach gurgly for the rest of the day but I know that it is a good thing to do. Besides, I wanted to get rid of the steak in me. It went well except for the fact that afterward I took Becca for a walk around the lake and had to run for the bathroom once. I swear I thought I would have to explain that adults have accidents too, but I made it in time. I've also been feeling a little tired yesterday and today, but I've been a lot busier than normal and haven't decompressed from my mom's visit yet.

I took Becca to the dentist today. She has two cavities. Of course I feel that this is entirely my fault and that I am a bad mom. Jessie hasn't had any cavities so I guess I got spoiled. I will have to get more involved with Becca's dental hygiene. The dental assistant told me the I should brush the kids' teeth until they are 12! Are you kidding me?

I am still on a little high about my new raw outlook. I think that stepping away and back has allowed me to appreciate every time I choose raw. Before last week, I still had tons of guilt. If I had a day of 100% raw, I felt pressure instead of joy. I kept waiting for the time I chose cooked so I could beat myself up. This time I am trying to appreciate myself for what I am doing. I was 100% raw yesterday and 99.9% today. That is a big deal. I have stopped frequenting one of the raw food forums that was making me feel guilty. My next step is to stop analyzing percentages and just take it meal by meal. If I choose to eat cooked food, no big deal just eat raw again.

Today I've had:
slice of key lime pie (last one)
2 raw burger buns with neatballs and guacamole
green powder
handful of cashews with kelp
handful of macadamias
carrot parsnip fettucine with cilantro pesto with mushrooms and grape tomatoes (this looked and sounded incredible but tasted only so so)
raw chocolate (I actually licked the blender!)

I learned a neat trick with the mushrooms. I drizzled them with olive oil and mixed them with salt, pepper, and garlic. Then I dehydrated them for a couple of hours. They came out tasting sauteed. I hate raw mushrooms so this was extremely cool to me.

I emailed the lady I bought the ice cream maker from and she swears she shipped it. Hopefully it will arrive soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home