Sunday, May 07, 2006

Day 36

Christa had a really good comment for me. She said I should try to focus on all the good things that I can eat and share them with you guys. I like that. Instead of focusing on my mental turmoil, I can be positive.

As you know, I am allergic to flax. Ritamarie found out that chia seeds can be used to replace flax in recipes. They both get gelatinous in water. I knew we were getting together with friends last night for a Seis de Mayo party (we were a day late). The night before I had my first attempt at some easy flax crackers. They came out pretty good. To the party, I brought guacamole and the crackers and my friend Lisa brought pico de gallo and chips. I know she brought the pico for me because she had just told me how queso is her favorite food. I expected to get to the party and just put my crackers to the side for me but everyone wanted to taste them. I was so thrilled that they liked them.

This week I am making: cinnamon rolls, carrot and parsnip fettucine with cilantro, pumpkins seed pesto, buns (which I am going to make mayonaise for and have vegetable sandwiches, I am so excited!), and sweet and sour neatballs. I am going to have the sweet and sour neatballs and cole slaw for dinner one night when my mom is here. She can have a side of meat if she likes. I am making raw pizza and key lime pie for Jessie's First Communion party. I am also buying a cooked pizza and chocolate chip cookie cake for that. I am so happy because I really think I can avoid the cooked pizza. We will probably take my mom out for dinner one night. I will decide then if I will eat cooked or not. Mother's Day is also up for grabs. I did realize something cool today. I went to a big festival at Charlie's church. I have been really looking forward to the Vietnemese food. I really enjoyed it and then we all (seven of us) shared a funnel cake. The thing that I realized is that even when I plan to eat cooked foods, it doesn't always go as planned. I think someone is looking out for me. Usually we would have 2 funnel cakes to share but we didn't. I promised the kids that we could go to the dessert booth and get something but they wanted to spend the tickets on other things. Also, I was halfway thinking that we would use up our last tickets to buy extra food for a snack but we didn't have any left. The other not so good thing I noticed is that I was obsessed with food. I couldn't stop talking about it. I was even asking Lisa what she was making for dinner. I know she thought I was a moron. Oh well, it is all a journey and all in all I had a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home