Sunday, May 14, 2006

Sunday, May 14, 2006

It seemed more appropriate to just use the date as a title for my blog. I survived my mom's visit. I didn't stay as raw as I had hoped for, but I did still eat some raw. I ate at least one raw meal most days. The raw pizza and key lime pie went over well last night. I am still perfecting the key lime pie recipe. It's not quite right yet. I have noticed that I haven't been feeling as well with the cooked foods. My allergies have definitely made a comeback and I con't have as much energy. I also feel muddled and puffy. I think it was a really good learning experience because I am finding that the immediate gratification isn't really worth it. I had said that I was going to test how raw I wanted to be over the next month, but I know now I don't want to do that. I think that I am happy being mainly raw. I am also happy with not labeling myself 100% because I want to do Girl's Night Out or eat the cookies my daughter made at school. It is very freeing to give up the labels. There are sometimes, like Mother's Day or going out with friends, that I am willing to suffer a bit of discomfort from the foods because I want the immediate gratification. This is for now and from what I understand, over time I will want these things less and less. I feel really good about where I am right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home