Monday, May 22, 2006

Tough week

Okay, this week will definitely not be a raw one. I have to put my dog down today. I've had him since before I got pregnant with Jessie almost nine years ago. We got him from the pound and they think he was 3 or 4 then. About 2 years ago, he got a head injury (while kenneled) and the muscles in one side of his face have atrophied. A few months ago
it got bad enough that we had to put him on soft food. The vet said that it looked like he was starting to have problems on the other side of his face and eventually he wouldn't be able to close his jaw and therefore eat or drink. Last night about 12 times, he would try to drink for about 5 minutes each and couldn't get any water in. He has definitely been MY dog. Now I get to not only deal with my own grief but try to help the girls through their first death experience. Add to that Becca has to get two teeth filled this week, one on Tuesday and one Thursday. Of course the teeth filling seemed more traumatic before last night. Then Becca graduates from pre-K on Wednesday. I won't be completely sad about that but will still be emotional. And then the icing on the cake, I got my period today. Charlie has labeled this week the perfect storm. All I have to say is that when the pendulum swings from this week, my mom's visit, and Jessie's First Communion, I'll be in for a great time. Maybe I should buy some lottery tickets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home