Saturday, May 20, 2006

Proud

I am really proud of myself. Last night we were trying to get Becca to decide where to eat. Of course her first choice was McDonald's. I kept trying to talk her out of it and she kept telling me that I said it was her choice. I was steering her towards Chili's or Fuddrucker's. I really wanted Chili's because I knew I wouldn't be too bad there but she finally decided on Fuddrucker's. I was completely resigned to being unable to resist a burger when my friend, Charm called and invited us to a Mexican place with them. They were celebrating her daughter's kindergarten graduation. Becca was extremely thrilled to have a chance to hang out with friends and I got a burger reprieve. Charm is really thin and teaches multiple aerobics classes at least 6 times a week. I've never seen her take more than a couple of bites of anything other than salad. I had a couple of seafood items I was looking at on the menu and one of them, Charm highly recommended, was the fish taco salad. So, I had about one large handful of chips, two spoonfuls of queso, and the fish taco salad with pico de gallo instead of dressing. It was really good. Of course, since I was so good at dinner, I had to offer to get Becca dessert when we left. She wanted ice cream so we hit the frozen custard stand by the house. Charlie offered to share one with me but I said no. I got my custard, ate less than half and decided I didn't want it. I am still in shock. I actually stopped eating it because it was too sweet!

The earlier part of the day was okay. I've been very hungry and concerned I am eating too many nuts. I know I won't lose weight if I eat too much fat. It seems that the last few days all I want is the heavy raw stuff. Yesterday I ate: green powder, 4 neat patties with sweet and sour sauce, spinach salad with veggies and raw French dressing, handful of natural Cheetos, half a ham and cheese sandwich with mayo on whole wheat, and then dinner. The Cheetos and sandwich were when we were waiting to go for dinner and I was starving. It was also when I thought we were going to Fuddrucker's so I was trying to prepare myself for at least ordering a small burger.

Today I have a bigger challenge. Our Brownie troop is disbanding and we are spending our troop money. We are taking the girls to Build-a-Bear and then swimming with pizza. I won't have any time to eat a healthy meal before the pizza so I can eat less. I may bring a Larabar in my purse. There will also be no alternative to the pizza and we will be there a while. I'm not to concerned about eating some pizza, I just don't want to binge on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home