Thursday, May 04, 2006

Day 33

I had a Subway sandwich today. Jessie had field day at school and we were all meeting her so we decided to bring Subway. I have been dreaming of a sandwich for over a week now so I had a 6 inch BMT. I was hoping that it wouldn't taste as good as I was thinking it would but I have to say it was pretty tasty. At first I was trying to figure out if I would eat it. I really wanted it but then there is always the guilt factor (like I said before, my friend Lisa says the guilt is always there). I had to remind myself that if it's a lifestyle then I'm not cheating. Also, I am much more raw than I ever intended to be. In the raw community there is a debate over 100% raw. Some people feel that anything less isn't raw at all. This includes any little bites of food. If you actually eat a cooked meal, you are a heathen. I partially understand where these people are coming from but these are also the same people who have been raw off and on for years. Then when they make the choice to never touch cooked food again, they lose a bit of empathy for the rest of us. I have come so much further than I ever thought I could or would desire to. Maybe years down the road I will make the choice to make no exceptions but that day is not now. Now I am proud of where I am and trying not to be critical and look to where I may one day be. All in all this is a huge justification for eating my sandwich but not necessarily a bad justification.

I figured out what my problem with the green soup yesterday was. Apparently I had no idea of what greens I was picking out. When I had a salad with them last night, they were so bitter. I'll have to be more careful next time. On the plus side, I am still experimenting with my key lime pie. This time I put in 2 mangos and less coconut cream. I also added a layer of cashew whipped cream. It didn't set very well so I had to put it in the freezer. Maybe next time I will put in more coconut cream again. Charlie is being such a trooper and hasn't complained at all about having to test key lime pies. One day I will be the queen of the raw food key lime pie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home