Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Day 24 - early

After effects of pizza eaten - upset stomach, sleepless night, tired, basically it wasn't worth it. I never in my entire life thought I would say this, but I think my raw pizza actually tastes better. Now granted this was just a cheese pizza from Pizza Hut but I think I may be over cooked pizza for now. Next time, I will eat a Larabar in the bathroom and just eat the salad.

On a side note, my allergies are still giving me problems. It is really a struggle not to reach for the medicine immediately. I seem to be controlling it with Vitamin C. I don't know how much is allergies and how much can be considered detox. Every one of my fingers is broken out in eczema. This only happens when my allergies are really out of control or if I am detoxing. I did put the cream on because it is miserable to try to do anything when your hands are a mess. On the plus side, I have been "cooking" up a storm and have had to ask Charlie to do all the dishes because of my hands.

I set all of the things I needed to sprout this week out at the same time. According to my sprouting chart, I was staggering when they would be ready so I wouldn't have to make everything at once. Well of course, everything sprouted at once and there has been a flurry of activity in my kitchen. I made raw nachos last night. They came out really good. I would definitely make them again. I also made pizza crust out of barley. I have the pizza in the dehydrator now. The other thing in my dehyrator is something that is supposed to come out tasting like brown sugar pop tarts. I only made a half batch so I can see how they taste. I'll let you know. I had to sprout more wheat and then I am going to attempt "sausage".

I tricked Jessie yesterday. I mixed her spaghetti with raw squash and then topped it with my raw marinara. She noticed the difference but said it wasn't horrible. We decided that next time I would mix the sauce half and half with Ragu. She also had to make sure that she had spaghetti and squash in every bite. She tasted the pizza the other night and said it wasn't bad. Becca on the other hand doesn't want to try anything. Nothing new there. She doesn't want to try any new cooked foods either. She eats fruit like there is no tomorrow so I am not concerned. I don't want the girls to go completely raw but I want them to eat more raw foods. They both have asthma from time to time and Jessie's allergies are bad like mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home