Friday, April 21, 2006

Day 20

I am feeling really good about this raw lifestyle today. I understand now that that is what I want; this as a lifestyle and not a diet. Any cooked foods I eat are a choice I make at that time. If this is a lifestyle then after that choice, of course I go back to eating raw foods. I've heard a lot of people talking about lifestyle changes when they talk of moderation. I know that for me at least, moderation is not a choice. Being raw just seems so much healtier to me. I feel like a big weight is lifted by declaring this as a lifestyle, there is no guilt involved anymore. I can't even believe that this is coming out of my mouth (or fingers in this case).

Some really funny things have happened recently. I was reading an article about vegans. I've always respected veganism but it seemed a little extreme. Actually, vegetarianism sometimes seemed extreme. As I was reading the article and accompanying recipes. I realized that I couldn't eat any of them. I actually am more extreme than a vegetarian or vegan. That came as a little shock. The other funny thing is that I found out that chia seeds can be substituted for flax seeds. I am so excited but can't help but wonder if my hair will turn into chia grass. I'll keep you posted.

I'm rather full from dinner tonight. I ate an entire raw pizza. I think the problem is that because I only had one recipe that didn't use flax and that recipe took a couple days to sprout, I was really looking forward to it. I should have stopped after half. Oh well, it's not like it was bad for me. My knee still hurts today. Hopefully it will heal soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home