Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Day 17

I have had a good day today. It's funny because when I talk to people who aren't making health changes and explain that I ate a few bites of food, they get this look in their eye like they are witnessing the end of this raw business. When I talk to people who are making health changes, they seem to thing that I did well on my eating strategies last weekend. I am feeling good about things today. I know that some of the weight is water retention from my allergen foods (love that flax). I also am focusing on the other benefits of this diet. My body has a lot to heal with allergies and insulin resistance. Even though I still have a bit of my allergies, it is a fraction of what they normally are. Also, I have been able to see my food addiction. I actually went to a party and was satisified to only take bites of food instead of gorging myself. I know from the past that moderation diets don't work for me. This way of eating will allow me to become healthy. If I do eat cooked foods now and again, it will be a choice not a compulsion. I am starting to lose my taste for some of my addictive foods. Both times I had a bit of cheese this weekend, it didn't taste as good. Eventually I am hoping to not desire cooked foods at all without feeling deprived. For now, I feel in control. I'll let you know about tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home