Friday, April 14, 2006

Day 13

Today is a good day. I am happy with how well I seem to be recovering from my flax incident. The family took a trip down to Whole Foods downtown. Charlie and the girls got pizza and I got a raw lasagna and salad. I also picked up raw meatloaf, creamed spinach, tomato bisque, marinated veggies, and cheesecake for Easter. I will probably make a fruit tray to share with everyone else. It would have been way too expensive to buy raw food to share. I admit that it was hard to ignore all the other great eateries there but I did pretty well. I had two bites of pizza (they were small I swear). Becca and I both had leftover food. On the way home, I was snacking on the rest of my lunch and realized that mine was better leftover than hers. I think that it really helped my morale to go in there and get some treats.

Charlie keeps laughing at me because I am so excited when whatever I am trying to sprout actually sprouts. Right now I am soaking wheat berries to sprout for some morning muffins. I am also soaking pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds to make some Mexican crackers. I also bought barley and wild rice to sprout for pizza crust. On my menu this week is Mexican crackers with raw hummus and guacamole, morning muffins, pizza, leftovers from Easter hopefully, and salad at least once a day. I will make French dressing and honey mustard dressing. I usually try to only have fruit in the mornings and I carry a Larabar in my purse at all times. I am feeling a lot more capable today. I am going to try to work on my willpower for the party on Sunday. Like I said, so far I am doing well. I feel very capable today. I am also pleased that I am not obsessing about the pizza today and not beating myself up for tasting it.

1 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Blogger Traci Reece said...

Almost 2 weeks done! You are too far into it to turn back now. Be proud of yourself and keep on going!

-- traci

 

Post a Comment

<< Home