Friday, April 07, 2006

Day 6

I've been breaking out in hives yesterday and today. I can't pinpoint if it is the high oak pollen count outside or if it is a food allergy. I took a blood test a while back that said I have a sensitivity to (among other things) bananas, flax, and chocolate. I have had small amounts of all three of those recently. The thing with the blood test said that if you stayed away from the foods for 3 months, you could probably have them again. I stayed away from bananas and flax at least. The oak pollen is very high right now and every time I've broken out, I was outside right before. I am only getting one hive at a time. Most of them are on my fingers. They go away after a little while. Does anyone have any idea if this is normal detoxing or a combo of allergies?

Other than the occasional hive, I've been doing well. I only had time for a couple of bites of banana ice cream this morning (not as good refrozen) because I went to meet a friend. After we played around in a yarn store (I knit), I decided to get the HEB portion of my grocery shopping done. By this time I was getting hungry. I did very well. I wasn't tempted to snack on anything. This is big progress because I used to love to sample all the foods. I got home and had leftover guacamole and corn chips at around noon. It was so weird because I was still full at dinner. I ate a small salad and was done.

I also went to exercise today. I did about a half hour combined on the elliptical and treadmill. I plan on ramping up the exercise as I feel ready and adding some weight lifting. Each day I have a little energy surge. Hopefully they will continue to increase in duration.

1 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Blogger Traci Reece said...

About the hives, my pediatrician once told me that the last stage of an illness is detoxification and it's sometimes through the skin. So, the toxins could be on their final exit. ?? Just a thought. BTW, you are doing great!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home