Saturday, April 08, 2006

Day 7

Wow! I made it a whole week. Today has been a good day. I had some hives earlier in the day on the back of my knees. We were outside all afternoon and I am a bit congested and my eyes are itchy. Nothing at all like last week. Poor Charlie is really suffering. He can't stop sneezing. I told him that I wasn't trying to be mean but that him suffering reminded me that I wasn't suffering nearly as bad as usual.

I am so full tonight. Ritamarie's party was great. For those of you who weren't there and don't know, Ritamarie is the natural healer I was seeing for the last year. She is the one who inspired me to go raw and is helping me out. It was her 50th birthday party and almost all the foods were raw. She kept kidding me about how hard it must be for me to be at a party with tons of food on my first raw week. I came home with lots of recipes and some new friends. Thank you to everyone who has been so supportive. It really means a lot to me to know that people are reading this. Thank you Christa for guiding me through all the food at the party. Tonight is the only time I've had a problem with gas and bloating but I know that is because I ate way too much.

I felt like a bit of a super star at Whole Foods today. I had a couple of conversations with the people who work there about being raw.

So as far as progress goes, I am afraid to weigh myself tomorrow after gorging myself tonight. I have come a long way in just a week with the food. I am getting more adept at preparing tasty raw foods. I am learning what I like and what I don't. I haven't been hungry at all and haven't had any food cravings. For me, I am working on the social part of eating and how being raw affects that. Ritamarie serves as a great role model for bringing food to parties and serving only raw at her party. My friend Lisa is awesome. She keeps telling me that if I give her some recipes, we can get togther and have raw only dinners with our families. My friend Cindy is encouraging me to bring raw food to her Easter party. I am so lucky to have this support network along with Ritamarie's email group.

I am a big believer in the universe bringing us what we need by coincidences. It is interesting to look at the coincidences that brought me on this journey. One of them today is that I made the commitment to go raw for 30 days. I got a raw book in the mail the other day. I just found out that the author of the book is giving a lecture at Ritamarie's next month. It so happens that the lecture is on my 31st day of being raw. If that isn't fate I don't know what is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home