Thursday, April 26, 2007

Lost 1, stayed the same

A week a go, I lost one pound. This week I stayed the same. I am convincing myself that slow is okay. This weekend I went to a catered women's retreat with dessert at most meals. I was proud of myself. I ate everything but ate in moderation. My usual MO would have been to decide that I was off so to have at it. Since I hadn't been exercising, I should feel good about staying the same weight.

I have a new zen philosophy on weight loss. I know that I will have to stay on Weight Watchers for the rest of my life. Like I've said before, there are only 2 ways to "diet". One is moderation and the other is giving up food groups. I learned that when raw vegans start letting cooked foods back into their diet, they often gain. Since I am choosing the moderation route, I will always have to moderate. There will be no end to it. In the past I thought that once I lost all my weight and learned how to behave, I would be finished. I know better now. I will always have to do this. With that in mind, I also believe that if I work the program, the general trend will be weight loss. If I stick to my points and make sure to exercise, my weight will go down. If both of these thoughts are true, then I shouldn't get too wrapped up in the week to week and how slowly the weight will come off. It will be true that I will have weeks when I have done everything right and the scale will not show it. There will also be weeks where I have some slip ups and the scale gives me a pass. There will be weeks when I struggle and weeks when it all feels easy. If I am doing my best to work the program and know that I will be on it forever, the individual week and the speed of the weight loss should not matter.

If only I say this enough times, maybe I will be convinced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home