Monday, May 01, 2006

Day 30

Today marks my first 30 days raw. I have to say it is rather anti-climatic. I started this with the intent to try it for 30 days and make a decision about the future afterwards. About halfway through I decided to stay raw. I still allow myself the occasional night of cooked food when out with friends. This is my choice. I have found that I make much better choices in the restaurant now. Maybe eventually I'll want to be raw when I eat out also. I came to this from eating fast food so I think I am doing great. Even when I've tried to eat healthy, it never involved eating raw veggies or giving up meat and dairy.

I haven't seen a lot of major changes like most of the people eating raw have. I've lost close to 10 pounds I have about 100 pounds to lose before I am even in my "healthy" range. I have seen some improvement in my allergies but they aren't gone. My fingers have been broken out in eczema for a few weeks now. I've had some energy increase but not a big surge. I haven't been exercising because I hurt my knee recently (or am trying to heal an old injury that is taking forever). So why am I staying raw if I haven't seen any huge improvements? I truly believe that I will become a healthier person eating this way. It make take a while since I have abused my body for so long. My body is happier eating raw. I had some cooked pizza yesterday and my stomach hurt all afternoon and I didn't sleep well last night. I know that even if I don't achieve the results I am looking for, I may be preventing future problems.

1 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Blogger Traci Reece said...

Congratulations on making it to day 30! When you think about this milestone as around 100 meals - that's 100 times you made a concious choice to treat your body well, that's a big deal. You've inspired me to eat more healthy greens and load up our meals with veggies instead of meat, in essence start really thinking about what I feed myself and what I'm feeding the kids. Thanks!! I hope your next 30 days continues to show you just how beneficial this lifestyle change is. Good luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home