Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Day 32

Last night's lecture was really good. Some of the things he talked about, Ritamarie and I had just discussed also. These were to limit the sweet fruits and to try to get more blended greens. Apparently the theory is that we don't chew our food enough so when you blend the greens, you get more of the nutrients. I was so inspired that I went to the farmer's market today and bought more greens. Ritamarie had given me a recipe for a soup that sounded good but I didn't have half of the ingredients. Paul Nison last night, gave a very simple recipe that he said was very tasty.... I have to tell you, I have never tasted anything so horrible in my life. I don't know if it was the greens I chose, maybe they were too bitter, or what. It is only the second thing that I have had to resort to throwing away. Even Charlie wouldn't touch it and he is my garbage disposal. The other thing I threw away was a raw mock sausage last week. It was disgusting. You would think that I would know better than to try a meat substitute recipe from someone who was a long time vegetarian.

On a positive note, my sweet and sour neatballs were awesome. I will definitely make those again. I also have all the ingredients for another key lime pie. Charlie was so impressed by the last one that he said he would help squeeze the tiny key limes this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home