Sunday, April 02, 2006

Day 1

I had a bad allergy attack yesterday. I'm sure it was a combination of airborne allergens and all the crap I've been eating. Like I said, I went on a little binge of foods that I won't be able to eat now. For those of you following my example, I am now thinking that was a big mistake. Yesterday I had to take Benadryl all day long and it wasn't really helping me. Today I am extremely miserable. My sinuses are completely swollen shut. I've been flushing them with salt water almost every half hour since 8AM and I am not seeing much improvement. Every one of you can remind me how crappy I feel right now if I am showing signs of giving up on raw.

I did make half of the recipes today. The book I am following suggests only preparing food twice a week. The preparation wasn't too bad. Charlie helped since I don't feel well. We made salad dressing, mock salmon, fettucine alfredo, and date nut torte. The only thing that took time was the fettucine. We had to use a vegetable peeler on 2 squash and 2 zucchini. Everything was very good. I would like these dishes even if I wasn't on a raw food diet. I've been grazing all day. The book also says that you will probably need to eat more at the beginning of the diet because your body is starving for nutrients. So I eat until I am satisfied and find myself wanting more a couple of hours later. Hopefully I can smell tomorrow and the food will be even that much better.

I almost forgot... the scale said 247.5 lbs. I figure I will weigh myself weekly to start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home