Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Day 3 - early

Okay, detoxing sucks. I don't know how much of it is detoxing and how much is the after effects of my allergy attack, but I am pretty sore. My core muscles (ribs, back, neck) are all very sore. The joints in my hands hurt also. I am still a bit congested but my sinuses feel better. I don't have a headache today. I started a 2 week herbal cleanse on Sunday also, so I probably am really detoxing. I know I didn't drink enough water yesterday either.

On the food side, I haven't been as hungry. Today I just had green powder for breakfast. Nothing else is appealing right now. I may have some canteloupe later. I've never been a big morning eater.

I seem to do very well all day until dinner. Dinner has been a hard meal to change. At that time I want something more substantial than raw veggies and nuts. Even just cooked veggies sound more appealing. Don't worry, I've been holding out against the cravings. My husband had a steak and rice last night. I was really wanting at least a bite but he wouldn't let me. It really helps that he is there to support me at my worst time. Hopefully this craving is more habit than anything else and will end in time or when Charlie starts eating these dinners with me. I think that at dinner I have to get over the thought of eating for pleasure and get into eating for fuel. The rest of the day everything I eat is very appealing and tasty. Does anyone have any advice on the dinner thing?

1 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger Traci Reece said...

The third day is always the worst, right? It's all coasting from here. Try standing up at dinner. I know it sounds weird but it might work. Instead of loading up a plate and sitting down to eat (and look at everyone else's food) if you are up in the kitchen with your own plate food on the counter, you can munch and talk and get something done in the kitchen while the family eats. Then when they are almost done and you are feeling more full from your plate, sit down and visit with a cup of tea (or water) and some fruit for dessert. Works for me - I started doing this and I get done eating fast, because I'm sick of standing up and want to grab my tea and relax with everyone after the meal is over. Of course our dinner time is total chaos anyway so it's nice to not be at the table when a whole plate of food gets tossed from the highchair. Anyway after a while you'll be used to the changes and it will be easier. Just a thought... but I would love to hear more ideas too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home