Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Day 4

I am feeling so much better today. Thank you to everyone who was so supportive. I think that the first step to making a huge change like this is to have a good support network. Mine is stronger than I anticipated.

I decided today that part of what was bothering me about the diet was that the food was too rich. I know that sounds strange but I think that the texture of the mock salmon and fettucine sauce was too similar. My advice to anyone else thinking about attempting this is to use the 30 day diet plan as a guide and not to follow it strictly (at least if you are a foodie and have authority issues like me). What I have decided to do from now on is to flip through the book and see what appeals to me, thus the corn chips I am currently dehydrating. I am so excited. Tomorrow I will be eating corn chips and guacamole and salsa!

Today I made the collard rolls which did not sound good but were actually quite yummy. You marinate portobella mushroom and onion in Bragg's for a little while. You drain it and mix it with shredded carrot and zucchini and some avocado or guacamole and put the whole thing in a collard leaf. I have to tell you that I was very skeptical of this. I don't care for raw mushrooms. Actually, I've never been a huge raw veggie fan. I've always preferred them cooked with sauce. I was so surprised by how much I enjoyed this. Tonight I will make Pad Thai and banana ice cream.

I had a bit of an energy surge today. My sinuses aren't completely clear yet but I'm sure there are years of damage to them that I am healing. Also allergies have been pretty bad around here. I haven't been having a problem with them but I haven't been hanging outside either. Everything i read says that I can expect my energy to really increase from here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home