Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Not so bad

Of course, the reality of last night's karate class was so much better than the fear I had built up about it. I didn't have a problem keeping up. It was definitely a work out, but I didn't get over exerted. I wasn't the only one sweating either which made me feel better.

Most of the classes are 45 minutes long. When I looked at the schedule, I didn't pay attention to the fact that Monday and Wednesday nights are 1 hour 15 minutes long. So there I am sweating and watching the clock, only to learn that I am there for the long haul.

The kids have been enjoying the class as well. Yesterday in their class, they got to fight each other with canes. I was really worried when he paired the two sisters together, but luckily he was smart enough to stand right by them so they didn't kill each other. He was also quick to point out that you don't practice it at home.

The only thing that did happen was that when I got home and went to bed, I was having a hard time breathing. I got up and took a puff off the inhaler and then felt shaky. I wasn't sure if I was shaky because i was in a lunge for over an hour or because my sugar was low. So I got out of bed and had a snack and was still shaky so it must be the muscles. That should mean I'll be nice and sore tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home