Monday, August 20, 2007

Honesty

I go to my first adult karate class tonight. I am pretty nervous. I have this exercise fear. I am afraid I can't keep up or that I will embarrass myself. I went last week and had a hard time getting a uniform. It is going to be almost the largest size. I will have to hem the pants and sleeves. I did my initial class where they teach you the basics. I've done karate before so my form was fine, but I was sweating. It really wasn't that active that day, but having been so sick this summer, I am completely deconditioned.

On Saturday, they have a parent and child class that I did. I was able to do the whole class, but my face was bright red and I was sweating up a storm. My oldest daughter, age 9, didn't make it any easier when she looked at me and asked why I was sweating. I told her that the class was hard for me and she scoffed at me. I tried to explain that anytime you go from not exercising at all to doing a moderate activity for 45 min, it is hard especially if you are fat. I think I got the message through, but it hurt my feelings.

I know that it will only take a couple of weeks before I feel more capable to exercise. I also am excited by the thought that doing karate 3 times a week and then maybe teaching aqua fitness 4-6 times a week will help my weight melt off now that my body is working. I am so happy that I realized that I need to teach exercise classes. I really think that this will help my future health.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home