Saturday, March 01, 2008

Vacation Blues

We are back from our Disney trip. It is always such a let down to come home from vacation. We had the meal plan at Disney so we ate a lot, but we walked it off all day. I didn't gain any weight so that is good. I actually think I lost a pound or two. It has been hard to get my eating back to where it was before vacation when I was eating a ton of vegetables and drinking all my water. On the plus side, my eating habits are pretty good now when I am not focused on weight loss. It used to be that if I wasn't dieting, I was bingeing. I am not doing that any more. I am trying to focus on what an amazing change this is. I don't desire junk food that much and I am making good choices most of the time. I know that the desire to lose weight will come back soon and then I will tweak my eating habits, but not go on an insane diet again.

The other success with my vacation is that I confirmed that it really is diet and exercise together. I was able to eat what I wanted on vacation because I was so active. Before vacation I was trying to do water aerobics 3 times a week and yoga twice a week. I haven't gotten back to that yet. The last week or so, I was subbing a few arthritis classes so that helped. I taught 6 classes last week so I didn't bother with taking extra classes. We are also putting in an above ground pool so we have been doing hard labor in the back yard. Again, I know the time will come that I want to tweak my exercise as well. Until then, I am content with where I am which I think is a major breakthrough. I am not content with my weight, but I am content with my eating and exercise habits for now. I know that weight loss will come when I slightly modify my habits. I am done with the all or nothing approach. All is did for me was make the off times much worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home