Thursday, January 03, 2008

New Year Resolution - to NOT diet

First off to my friend Wendy, Oh my God! I am so excited to hear from you. How did you find my blog? I have thought of you so much over the years. I don't think I have many readers so I am going to post my email so you can contact me at charela@msn.com.

Nutrisystem worked great for me for about 3 weeks. It really did give me a basis for an eating plan. I lost almost 10 pounds on it. I gained about 4 pounds over the holidays but that was with weighing on New Year's day after eating and drinking all night. I feel confident that I can take that off with going back to exercise (nearly 3 weeks off) and drinking my water. I've been thinking a lot about dieting lately and sent this email to a friend today. I wanted to copy it here so I can remember my moment of wisdom.

Thanks for sharing this link with me. I am excited to see the show. It goes well with my resolution to NOT diet this year. I think that all the work I have done the last year with food addiction and dieting has finally sunk in. I am going to have a goal of drinking some water before I eat, eating a fruit or vegetable and some protein (to even blood sugar) every time I eat, eat 5 times a day and other than that, just try to make better choices and watch portion sizes. There will be times when my choice isn’t the best possible and that is okay. I recognize that for me, sometimes eating isn’t just fuel. As long as I make good choices when I don’t really WANT the highest calorie option, it is okay to choose the burger or cake sometimes. I am hoping that this approach along with exercising will help me be healthier. Maybe if I am healthy, I can accept my weight one day.

I watched a show on BBC last night that had two girls that were about a size 10 trying to get down to a size 00 In 5 weeks. The study was to see the effects of dieting of healthy people. The results were interesting. They talked about how horrible they felt while dieting and how they ate everything in sight afterwards. One girl said that she would never diet and wouldn’t ever care about being thin again. She said that it became an obsession. She knows that she could stay that thin if she chooses to have diet be her focus. She said that she missed her life too much when she was dieting. The other woman had to stop the study because it threw her into an eating disorder. At the end, the doctor said it was amazing because here were two intelligent, healthy women who recognized the damage dieting did to them and yet they were both still disappointed because they hadn’t lost more weight. It is really scary what we do to ourselves emotionally.

I hope you are well.

Elaina


How To Look Good Naked myLifetime.com

1 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

Hi Elaina,

I sent you an email. I then resent an email because my computer thinks it is in control and spell checked your name from Elaina to Elaine! It will look as if some guy name Bob sent you an email but that is my husband. I put my email address and other info in the email.

LOL,
Wendy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home